This might seem slightly irreverent given the usual content on this site, but as a leftie myself I have to share this. I’m sure my fellow left-handers will agree!
Via The Daily Edge:
TODAY IS LEFT-Handers’ Day. In honour of this momentous occasion, we present this tribute to the struggle of left-handed people everywhere.
FIGHT ON, BROTHERS AND SISTERS. FIGHT ON.
1. The Mark of Left-Handedness
2. Having to deal with this
3. Scissors are enraging
Why can’t they just make them work both ways?
4. The first time you buy a spiral notebook… then learn the hard way that they are NOT FOR YOU
Oh, you want to WRITE on me? I don’t think so.
5. Having to take things out of binders before you can write on them
6. Kettles that only have the little window on one side
So ONLY RIGHT HANDED PEOPLE KNOW HOW MUCH WATER THERE IS.
7. The battle of elbows at the dinner table
When sitting next to a righty, obviously. And then somehow you get the blame.
8. Biros not working properly for you
Because of discrimination by whoever designed our writing system.
9. These desks in every college lecture theatre ever
10. Playing cards
Ever notice that when you fan them with your right hand (as most left-handed people do), you can’t see the numbers? That’s right. The cards are literally stacked against you.
Right handed person:
Left handed person:
11. Can openers
I mean COME ON.
12. The cord on bank pens never, ever being long enough to reach to the other side
What, we’re not even allowed to have money now?
A right-handed person, smugly using a bank pen. (Flickr/Nadya Peek)
13. And finally the shame and humiliation of picking out a lovely greeting card, then writing a really thoughtful message…
… only to smudge it all horribly.
Still, at least we’re creative. Add your own left-hander problems in the comments!